Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: Appalachia reinforcements?

  1. #31
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    "Wow!! I'm just glad somebody else noticed and said it. There are a few players on that team have tons of heart and would do anything to win, but the majority are just there to be seen on the field"
    Watch their evenings- they aren't there 3 hours a night just "to be seen" . Appy is having troubles getting used to the idea that the man that took 25 boys and played with everybody ,isn't in town anymore. A lot understand and just keep quiet, but ...well, some have to make comments. This group of coaches want to run an "I" and these kids were raised playing Tom's balanced "T". Take them out of it and they are like fish out of water.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    Yep, Clintwood has been without a championship in football for so long that they have forgotten what it is like. Just remind me as to how long it has been since Clintwood has held a championship football trophy.

  3. #33
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]That 76 Dawg is coming out.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    I think I'd have to agree.

    I think its going to be much tougher for a team to win a state championship in Div II than Div I.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    Yep, Clintwood couldn't make it in D-2, so they thought they would try D-1

  6. #36
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abccfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No teaching position open at Appy so I was told????? </div></div>
    With your opinion of the sorry kids and coaches, why would you bother to ask. Remember talking about all the heavy smokers on the team?

  7. #37
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    It actually was a very smart move on Travis' part. He went to a school that has absolutely no whatsoever in football, except for losing. No expectations for him at all. Maybe he can help build a tradition for them down there and finally get the OLD Jonesville-Pennington blood out of them and make them a force to be reckoned with.

  8. #38
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    I understand exactly why Travis went to Lee High. Perhaps he can fix them, he and Bobby. It just makes me wonder why someone(abcc) that hates Appy so much would bother asking about him or any of the kids.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    I heard at last weeks ball game that Travis may be back at Appy next season (A SB member has a spot promised to him if he wants it)

  10. #40
    Inactive Member Omnibus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    104
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    I don't agree CVCgrad. I think it's alot harder to win state in Division 1 then Division 2. I base this on the same fact that I belive State championships will become harder and harder for Region D to obtain. With more and more teams playing down, the eastern end of the state will always have the numbers. Everyboy talks about JI Burton losing three in a row. Look at the teams thay lost to. Burton has never had half the school population of their opponents. Applalachia teams of yesteryear had a lot of heart, and they played with heart, but the bottom line is, if I can choose my starting eleven from 25 or 75, sorry I 'll take the 75. Ultimately you end up with small D1 schools playing against Region A or B schools that if they were in the Region D could be Division 2 or Division 3. I don't believe you can win consistently(championships) year in year out without the numbers.
    Still, I feel for the small schools. They at a disadvantage. That is why it's sweet when they win.
    Equal time will be given for rebuttal

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •